As a natural product, leather does mark with use, contributing to its character. One of the loveliest things about leather is the way that it softens over time and molds to your baby’s foot, leaving an imprint to remind you of how tiny their little feet were!
The soft leather soles are designed to support natural foot development whilst providing protection for delicate little feet. This does mean that they better suited to indoor use than rough terrain. Also, as we generally use non-aggressive dyes that are safe for babies, some of the leathers may shed some colour particularly when wet.
TO KEEP YOUR SHOES LOOKING GREAT, WE RECOMMEND
- Not leaving the shoes out in direct sunlight for extended periods to prevent fading,
- Not machine washing or tumble drying the shoes
- Not rubbing the shoes against anything rough
- Drying the shoes immediately if they get wet
- Avoiding contact with oils and solvents (babies don't like them either!)
CARING FOR COLOURED LEATHER
Stains or spills should be wiped off immediately with a soft damp cloth or sponge. Shoes should then be dried out of direct sunlight.
CARING FOR SUEDE
It is best to avoid getting stains or dirt on suede. However, a good quality suede brush or damp sponge can be gently used to remove soiling. Once clean, the shoes should be stuffed loosely to retain shape and dried out of direct sunlight.
For more information on caring for and cleaning suede, take a look at this link: